Here are some fun facts in photography that you may find amusing:
- The word “photography” originates from Greek, meaning drawing with light.
- The word camera originates from the Latin word “camera obscura” which means “dark chamber”.
- The first ever camera described in the history was a pin hole camera, dating back to 4th or 5th century.
- 35mm format in still photography was first introduced by Leica in 1925.
- The world’s first photo was taken by a French scientist, Joseph Nicéphore Niépce with a camera obscura in 1826.
- The first 35mm SLR camera was introduced by Ihagee – the Kine Exakta 1.
- There is an average of 300 million photos uploaded to Facebook per day.
- Scottish physicist James Clerk Maxwell produces the world’s first color photograph in 1861.
- The most viewed photograph in the history is the Windows XP’s default wallpaper.
- The first known photograph of a tornado was taken on 28 August 1884, about 22 miles southwest of Howard, South Dakota.
Check out my photography website Amy Daggett Photography. I have much more posted there about my photography and retouching.